As electronic evidence multiplies both in instance and in significance, attorneys search for the most qualified and respected technology experts they can find to support them in representing their clients’ interests. ITI engineers have assisted the legal community in numerous cases, with high industry impact. It is routine for us to handle matters that involve millions of lines of source code or complex technical issues. Our credentials are further bolstered through our associations with prominent members of the academic community. We specialize in the following areas:
Intellectual Property Analysis
- Legal and corporate licensing.
- Source code analysis which determines the validity of patent infringement, copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and software failure claims.
- Analysis of patent scope.
- Analysis of patent claims.
- Expert opinion in software analysis & patent services. This includes declarations, expert reports, and expert testimony.
- Opinion in matters of patent claim construction.
- Deposition services, such as proposing questions and evaluating the validity of responses.
- Opinion in legal discovery matters.
Clean Room Development
- Elimination of copy threats from an existing source.
- Establishment of extensive audit trail.
- Correction of software similarities in order to protect a company that is developing products which compete with those in existence.
Evidence Preservation / Recovery
- Preservation of digital evidence through disk imaging.
- Examination of hard drives.
- Recovery of deleted or corrupted digital data.
Court Appointed Services